Evaluating the Impact of Financial Banking Development on Economic Growth : An Empirical Investigation in Sultanate of Oman
Financial Development, Economic Growth, Banks, Empirical Analysis of Oman
D22, G21, N2, O1
Paper Submission Date : March 12, 2016 ; Paper sent back for Revision : July 31, 2016 ; Paper Acceptance Date : September 25, 2016.
- Abida, Z., Sghaier, I. M., & Zghidi, N. (2015). Financial development and economic growth: Evidence from North African countries. Economic Alternatives, 7 (2), 17-33.
- Agwu, E. (2013). From reluctance to resistance of the adoption of internet banking services in selected cities of the United Kingdom. International Journal of Customer Relationship Marketing and Management, 4 (4), 41-56.
- Akinlo, A. E., & Egbeyunde, T. (2010). Financial development and economic growth: The experience of 10 sub-Saharan African countries revised. The Review of Finance and Banking, 2 (1), 17-28.
- Anyasi, F. I., & Otubu, P. A. (2009). Mobile phone technology in banking system: Its economic effect. Research Journal of Information Technology, 1 (1), 1-5.
- Annual Companies Guide. (2013). Muscat security market. Retrieved from https://www.msm.gov.om/
- Annual Companies Guide. (2015). Muscat security market. Retrieved from https://www.msm.gov.om/
- Aurangzeb, C. (2012). Contributions of banking sector in economic growth: A case of Pakistan. Economics and Finance Review, 2 (6), 45-54.
- Beck, T., & Levine, R. (2004). Stock markets, banks, and growth: Panel evidence. Journal of Banking and Finance, 28 (3), 423 - 442. DOI:10.1016/S0378-4266(02)00408-9
- Brodie, R. J., Winklhofer, H., Coviello, N. E., & Johnston, W. J. (2007). Is e–marketing coming of age? An examination of the penetration of e - marketing and firm performance. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 21(1), 2- 21. DOI: 10.1002/dir.20071
- Central Bank of Oman. (2014). Annual Statistical Bulletin. Retrieved from http://www.cbo-oman.org/
- Demirgüç-Kunt, A., & Levine, R. (2008). Finance, financial sector policies, and long-run growth (Policy Research Working Paper WPS4469). Washington, DC : The World Bank.
- Egbetunde, T. (2009). Financial intermediation and economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa (1980-2005) (M. Sc Thesis). Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria.
- Hernando, I., & Nieto, M. J. (2005). Is the internet delivery channel changing banks' performance? The case of Spanish banks. Banco de Espana, Unpublished Manuscript.
- Hsueh, S.-J., Hu, Y.-H., & Tu, C.-H.(2013). Economic growth and financial development in Asian countries: A bootstrap panel Granger causality analysis. Economic Modeling, 32 (2), 294 - 301. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2013.02.027
- Kenourgios, D., & Samitas, A. (2007). Financial development and economic growth in a transition economy: Evidence for Poland. Journal of Financial Decision Making, 3 (1), 35 - 48.
- Kuznetsova, N. V., & Kuznetsova, E. V. (2015). Economic security outlook for India in a world of growing political uncertainty. Indian Journal of Finance, 9 (7), 43 - 56. doi: 10.17010/ijf/2015/v9i7/72353
- Midrigan, V., & Xu, D. Y. (2014). Finance and misallocation: Evidence from plant-level data. The American Economic Review, 104 (2), 422 - 458.
- Pyun, C. S., Scrugs, L., & Nam, K. (2002). Internet banking in the US, Japan and Europe. Multinational Business Review, 10 (2), 73 - 81.
- Salawu, R. (2007). The emergence of internet banking in Nigeria: An appraisal. Information Technology Journal, 6 (4), 490 - 496. doi: 10.3923/itj.2007.490.496
- Tripathi, R., Singh, A. B., & Singh, P. T. (2016). Impact of key macroeconomic variables on movement of the Indian stock market with reference to BSE Sensex. Indian Journal of Finance, 10 (6), 38 - 50. doi: 10.17010/ijf/2016/v10i6/94878
- Venkata Raman, R., Srinidhi , V. R., & Chandramouli , A. S. (2016). Measuring Indian economic progress: An analysis of national leadership through stock market performance. Indian Journal of Finance, 10 (8), 11-23. doi: 10.17010/ijf/2016/v10i8/99317
- There are currently no refbacks.