Balanced Scorecard Evaluation of the Performance of Indian Public Sector Banks
Balanced Scorecard, Public Sector Banks, Performance and Profitability
G00, G20, G21
Paper Submission Date : February 8, 2017 ; Paper sent back for Revision : May 4, 2017 ; Paper Acceptance Date : August 17, 2017.
- Asa, A. R., Prasad, N. S., & Htay, M. M. (2013). Balanced scorecard: A paradigm measure of business strategy and firm performance. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, 2(4), 121 - 125.
- Ashton, C. (1998). Balanced scorecard benefits: Nat West Bank. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 26 (10), 400 - 401.
- Banker, R. D., Chang, H., & Pizzini, M. (2004). The balanced scorecard: Judgmental effects of performance measures linked to strategy. Accounting Review, 79 (1), 1 - 23.
- Chiang, C. - Y., & Lin, B. (2009). An integration of balanced scorecard and data envelopment analysis for firm’s benchmarking management. Total Quality Management, & Business Excellence, 20 (11), 1153 - 1172.
- Dave, S. R., & Dave, S. R. (2010). Applying balanced score card in the Indian banking sector : An empirical study of the State Bank of India (SBI). Pacific Business Review International , 5 (6), 108 -120.
- Dave, S. R. (2011). Balanced scorecard: Experimenting with Indian banks (1st ed.). New Delhi : Himalaya Publishing House.
- Davis, S., & Albright, T. (2004). An investigation of the effect of Balanced Scorecard implementation on financial performance. Manage Accounting Research, 15 (2), 135 - 153.
- Harold, L. (2006). Performance measurement and management of technology in Indian banking: New approaches. Contributors I, Bank Net India, 5 (May), 6 - 18.
- Irala, L. R., Reddy, R., & Reddy, S. P. (2008). How balanced is the performance measurement through the balanced score card. Indian Journal of Finance, 2 (1), 27 - 37.
- Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. (1992). The balanced scorecard: Measures that drive performance. Harvard Business Review, 70 (1), 71 - 79. (Reprint #92105.)
- Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. (1996a). The balanced scorecard: Translating strategy into action. Massachusetts : Harvard Business School Press.
- Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. (1996b). Linking the balanced scorecard to strategy. California Management Review, 39 (1), 53 - 80.
- Kaplan, R. S., & Klien, N. (1996). Chemical bank: Implementing the balanced scorecard, Case studies from Harvard Business School. Boston : Harvard Business School Publishing.
- Kochhar, C., & Anand, S. (2004). IBA-Cedar consulting joint seminar on balanced scorecard (Key Note Presentation). December 17, 2004, Mumbai. Retrieved from gtm http://www.iba.org.in/IBA-Cedar%20Consulting-Presentation%20by%20Ms.Chanda%20Kochhar.ppt
- Krishnan, A., Ramasamy, R., & Joshi, P. L. (2014). An empirical study of non-financial measures' emphasis for the compensation schemes on different categories of strategic orientation in Malaysia. Indian Journal of Finance, 8 (12), 7 - 20. doi:10.17010/ijf/2014/v8i12/71688
- Kumar, S. (2010). Performance measurement systems in Indian banking sector (Thesis). Submitted to Faculty of Business Studies, Department of Commerce, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab.
- Mundra, S. S. (2015). Indian banking sector - Emerging challenges and way forward. Memorial Lecture Series by State Bank of Mysore, Bangalore. Retrieved from http://www.bis.org/review/r150511f.htm
- Panicker, S., & Seshadri, V. (2013). Devising a balanced scorecard to determine Standard Chartered Bank's performance: A case study. International Journal of Business Research and Development, 2 (2), 35 ‐ 42.
- There are currently no refbacks.