Co-Movement and Integration Among Stock Markets : A Study of 14 Countries
Comovement, Cointegration, Granger Causality, Emerging Markets
F210, F290, F320, F360, G110, G150
Paper Submission Date : January 1, 2017 ; Paper sent back for Revision : July 18, 2017 ; Paper Acceptance Date : August 9, 2017.
- Aktar, I. (2009). Is there any comovement between stock markets of Turkey, Russia and Hungary. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 26 (1) 192 - 200.
- Babu, M., & Srinivasan, S. (2014). Testing the co-integration in Indian commodity markets : A study with reference to Multi Commodity Exchange India Ltd. Indian Journal of Finance, 8 (3), 35 - 43. DOI: 10.17010/ijf/2014/v8i3/71961
- Bhar, R., & Hamori, S. (2008). A new approach to analyzing comovement in European equity markets. Studies in Economics and Finance, 25 (1), 4 - 20. doi : https://doi.org/10.1108/10867370810857531
- Bhattacharjee, S., & Swaminathan, A. M. (2016). Stock market integration of India with rest of the world: An empirical study. Indian Journal of Finance, 10 (5), 22 - 32. DOI: 10.17010/ijf/2016/v10i5/92934
- Chakrabarty, A., & Ghosh, B. K. (2011). Long run financial market cointegration and its effect on international portfolio diversification. Indian Journal of Finance, 5 (4), 27-37.
- Chandra, P. (2017). Investment analysis and portfolio management. India : Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Limited.
- Chen, S. W., & Shen, C. H. (2009). Can the nonlinear present value model explain the movement of stock prices. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 23 ,155 - 170.
- Cheung, Y. L., & Mak, S. C. (1992). The international transmission of stock market fluctuation between the developed markets and the Asian - Pacific markets. Applied Financial Economics, 2(1), 43 - 47. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/758527545
- Dunis, C., Sermpinis, G., & Karampelia, M. F. (2013). Stock market linkages among new EMU members and the Euro area: Implications for financial integration and portfolio diversification. Studies in Economics and Finance, 30 (4), 370 - 388. doi : https://doi.org/10.1108/SEF-04-2012-0048
- Granger, C. W. (1969). Investigating causal relations by econometric models and cross-spectral methods. Econometrica: Journal of the Econometric Society, 37 (3), 424 - 438.
- Hilliard, J. E. (1979). The relationship between equity indices on world exchanges. The Journal of Finance, 34 (1), 103 - 114.
- Hoque, H. A. A. B. (2007). Co-movement of Bangladesh stock market with other markets: Cointegration and error correction approach. Managerial Finance, 33(10), 810 - 820. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1108/03074350710779250
- Hutcheson, G. D., & Sofroniou, N. (1999). The multivariate social scientist: Introductory statistics using generalized linear models. London : Sage.
- Jang, H., & Sul, W. (2002). The Asian financial crisis and the co-movement of Asian stock markets. Journal of Asian Economics, 13 (1), 94 - 104.
- Johnson, R., & Soenen, L. (2009). European economic integration and stock market co-movement with Germany. Multinational Business Review, 17 (3), 205 - 228. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1108/1525383X200900024
- Karim, B. A., & Ning, H. X. (2013). Driving forces of the ASEAN-5 stock markets integration. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration, 5 (3), 186 - 191. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1108/APJBA-07-2012-0053
- Leech, N. L., Barrett, K. C., & Morgan, G. A. (2005). SPSS for intermediate statistics: Use and interpretation. New Jersey : Psychology Press.
- MacKinnon, J. G., Haug, A. A., & Michelis, L. (1999). Numerical distribution functions of likelihood ratio tests for cointegration. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 14 (5), 563 - 577.
- Majid, M. S. A., Meera, A. K. M., Omar, M. A., & Aziz, H. A. (2009). Dynamic linkages among ASEAN-5 emerging stock markets. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 4(2), 160-184. doi : https://doi.org/10.1108/17468800910945783
- Mitra, A., & Bhattacharjee, K. (2015). Financial interdependence of international stock markets : A literature review. Indian Journal of Finance, 9 (5), 20 - 33. DOI: 10.17010/ijf/2015/v9i5/71447
- Qadan, M., & Yagil, J. (2015). Are international economic and financial co-movements characterized by asymmetric co-integration? Review of Accounting and Finance, 14(4), 398 - 412. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1108/RAF-02-2015-0026
- Seth, N., & Sharma, A. K. (2015). International stock market efficiency and integration: evidences from Asian and U.S. markets. Journal of Advances in Management Research, 12(2), 88 - 106. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1108/JAMR-07-2011-0010
- Shahzad, S. J. H., Kanwal, M., Ahmed, T., & Rehman, M. U. (2016). Relationship between developed, European and South Asian stock markets: A multivariate analysis. South Asian Journal of Global Business Research, 5 (3), 385 - 402. doi.org/10.1108/SAJGBR-01-2015-0002
- Vohra, P. S. (2016). A study of co-movement among indices of Bombay Stock Exchange. Indian Journal of Finance, 10 (9), 11 - 29. DOI: 10.17010/ijf/2016/v10i9/101476
- Wong, W. K., Agarwal, A., & Du, J. (2004). Financial integration for India stock market: A fractional co-integration approach. Finance India, 18 (4), 1581 - 1609.
- There are currently no refbacks.