Financial Performance of the Luxury Market:A Study of Pre and Post Financial Crisis 2007-08
Luxury Market, Financial Crisis, Financial Performance, Resilience
G01, G1, G320, O3
Paper Submission Date: April 5, 2015 ; Paper sent back for Revision : October 6, 2015 ; Paper Acceptance Date : December 9 , 2015.
- Bain & Company. (2011). Luxury goods worldwide market study (10th edition). Retrieved from http://www.bain.de/Images/Bainbrief_Luxury_Goods_Study_10thEdition.pdf
- Bowman, E. H., & Haire, M. (1975). A strategic posture towards corporate social responsibility. California Management Review, 18 (2), 49-58. DOI: 10.2307/41164638
- Claessens S., Djankov, S., & Xu, L. C. (2000). Corporate performance in the East Asian financial crisis. The World Bank Research Observer, 15 (1), 23-46.
- Csaba, F.F. (2008). Redefining luxury: A review essay (Working Paper #15). Retrieved from http://openarchive.cbs.dk/bitstream/handle/10398/7765/Creative%20Encounters%20Working%20Papers%2015.pdf?sequence=1
- Harvey, C. R., & Roper, A. H. (1999). The Asian bet. In, A . Harwood, R. E. Litan, & M. Pomerleano (Eds.). (1999) The crisis in emerging financial markets. Washington DC: Brookings Institution Press.
- Kapferer, J.N., & Bastien, V. (2009). The luxury strategy. London: Kogan Page.
- Kapferer, J.N., & Tabatoni, O. (2010). Is the luxury industry really a financier's dream? (HEC Paris Working Paper). Paris : Groupe HEC.
- Lopez, A., Monroy, A., & Cervino, E. (2011). The impact of financial crisis on profitability, asset turnover and state aid in SMEs. African Journal of Business Management, 5 (33), 12749-12753.
- Marques, T., Gonzales, I. S., Cruz, P., & Ferreira, M. (2011). Downsizing and profitability: An empirical study of Portuguese firms in 1993-2005. International Journal of Business and Economics, 10 (1), 13-26.
- Pomerleano, M. (1998). The East Asia crisis and corporate finances. The untold micro story. Emerging Markets Quarterly, 2 (4), 14 - 27.
- Saji, T.G., Harikumar, S., & Kasim M. C. (2013). The global financial crisis and performance of the Indian corporate sector: A firm level analysis. Indian Journal of Finance, 7(5), 14-23. DOI: 10.17010/ijf/2013/v7i5/72110
- Singh, S., Jain, P.K., & Yadav, S. (2010). Financial management analysis of profitability of selected industries in India: Empirical research. Journal of Financial Management and Analysis, 26 (l), 75-95.
- Sombart,W. (1992). Leibe, Luxus und Kapitalismus. Wagenbach: Germany.
- Sur, D., Chakraborthy, K., & Das, S. (2007). Measuring the efficiency of asset management of private sector enterprises in india during the pre and post liberalization periods: A study on Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited. The ICFAI Journal of Management Research, 6 (7), 25-35.
- Wilson, J., & Eilertsen, S. (2010). How did strategic planning help during the economic crisis? Strategy and Leadership, 38 (2), 5-14.
- Wilson, N., Wright, M., Siegel, D.S., & Scholes, L. (2012). Private equity portfolio company performance during the global recession. Journal of Corporate Finance, 18, 193-205.
- There are currently no refbacks.